Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Is January almost over?!

Ok, ok I know it's been awhile. Here's my reasons: 1) My computer crashed and I'm using Sarah's homeschooling computer 2) I'm homeschooling Sarah 3) Did I mention I'm homeschooling Sarah?


Yes, we did it finally. I've wanted to for a long time now, and desire coupled with scary 4/5 grade girl "hate clubs" stuff going on at their school we made the switch. I was scared it was going to be really hard having her home all the time, but actually it's really great! She's a great kid and I like having her around. I've been told she might suffer socially, but honestly the less social habits she learns from the "real world" the better she'll turn out, I say. Plus, I consider myself to be an outgoing person, so don't even try it with me, any possible naysayers!


We are very excited becasue we are getting a van at the end of the week. Being poor and having lots of kids gives me a financial edge when it comes to taxes! Thank you Uncle Sam. I'll be sure to post a picture of it when we get it.


Wedding plans are slow but steady........ I'M GETTING MARRIED!!! YAHOO........ More info as it becomes available.........

3 comments:

The Blakes said...

I think you're brave for homeschooling simply because I don't think I'd have the patience for it! Congrats on getting a van! Tell the kids we said hello!

simplifyinco said...

Where are you getting married? And when? Inquiring minds and all...

January can't end unless the fat lady sings or I turn a year older. What the hell is a "hate club"? Is that different than the typical little mean girl scene? I'm dying to know. Gracie was faced with some rough stuff this year the typical mean stuff and with a small group of kids screaming stuff about her dad's orientation, nice huh? Long story but she's a strong, smart little girl. In one fell swoop she silenced them, but not without tears and hurt. Humans can be soooo terrible sometimes, can't they?

Did I tell you that Jenni's now a HS counselor, her exact title is Bully-proofing Counselor, I'm not kidding. Perhaps your school needs to get some control. Of course, we live in Colorado, home of the worst school shooting in U.S. history.

As for home-schooling, if she gets the grades and is successful in college, then that's all that matters. I always think that it's weirder in small towns, maybe I'm wrong. I assume that the peer pressure is way more demanding in that setting, and being a minority or different can result in a lot more pain. Fewer friend options I guess, easier to become isolated.

Steve

BoyMaker said...

Little missy---we need to open some communication! I need details! WE need to talk! Email me or something will ya? I'm always online for work unfortunately & so I don't have a computer at home at ALL! WOo Hoo! So find me - and lets talk!!!